Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lies Women Tell: I’m not ready for a relationship



Installment 4 of 5
You’ve been dating this woman (I hope you’re not dating a little girl,) for a few months and you’re ready to take it to the next level. At dinner one night, you bring up your relationship and the direction its going. You find yourself getting so excited because you’ve already told your boyz what you were planning to do. Poor simp. She pauses in disbelief; it seems you’ve caught her off guard. She exhales and says, “I’m not ready for a relationship.”

Let me decode that statement for you:

S1: I’ve been dating this other guy and I’m hoping he asks me to be his girl soon.

S2: I think I can do better than you, so I don’t want to take myself off the market.

S3: I’m afraid of commitment so I’d much rather go through the motions of dating you while not dating anyone else, without having to fully commit.

Think of this way, if she really thought you were a once in a lifetime catch, would she risk you finding someone else by telling you she’s not ready for a relationship. I’m not saying that 100% of the time, when a woman (or man,) uses this statement that she is lying, but I’d give myself a 90% probability that what she really means is 1 or 2.

In this case, you probably shouldn’t waste your time with her anyway. If she does “commit” to you after time has passed one of two things could happen, she could realize how great you really are and fall madly in love with you. Or, she could end up breaking your heart because she didn’t really like you in the first place and just wanted someone, anyone to call their boyfriend. Flip a coin and pick your fate.

No comments: