Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lies Women Tell: I have a boyfriend


Installment 1 of 5

You saw me walking down the street and decided I was cute and wanted to make your move. I turned around after you tapped my shoulder and after speaking to you for 1 minute I didn’t think you were worthy of anymore of my time. I could tell right away that we had nothing in common from those inital 60 seconds. In order to spare your feelings about you not being my type, I say to you “I have a boyfriend.”

The truth is that this is a complete lie- I haven't had a boyfriend in 2 years. I am also sure that I am not the first and will not be the last woman to lie to you about my current relationship status. I decided I didn’t want to waste your time by giving you my number and never answering your calls, so I told a little white lie.

Why is it that you decide to respond with, “We can just be friends. I really just want to get to know you.”

What the heck does that mean?

How can a male and a female who just met off the streets, just be friends? The answer is they can’t. How do you propose we become friends anyway? Go to the movies together, have a quick lunch here and there, isn't that considered dating? At this moment I've already informed you that I was committed to someone else, so please don’t embarrass yourself any further. I’m not interested in getting to know you and NO I don’t want to be your friend.

Originally Posted at I Hate The Way You Eat Cereal

4 comments:

Elle said...

Girl you just put every womans thoughts in to words!! Men don't know how to be let down easy, they dont get it till we have to be rude! Then they lable us a ""stuck up" damn us for being uninterested! We cant help they're too slow to catch a damn hint!!

Silent Scorpion said...

I agree. I give credit to dudes who are couragious enough to approach me, i know it can be daunting, but if I say I have a boyfriend, GO AWAY!!!

The Guru said...

You know, as a man, it would be nice to be told the truth for once. Though, I must say that i prefer "I have a boyfriend" to "Sure, I'll take your number" when you know from jump that you're not at ALL interested.

Silent Scorpion said...

@Elijah, the thing is I would tell the truth more often if I thought it would be universally accepted. Unfortunately, I can't tell assholes from gentlemen within 5 minutes on a whim.

I'd rather lie than be called a B**** for telling the truth by saying, No, I don't have a boyfriend and No you can't have my number cuz I'm not interested.

I'll try and find a balance.