Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Synonymous with Single

It seems that my name comes to my friends' mind when the word “hook-up” is involved. This year I've had a few friends ask if they could introduce me to someone they knew. I can take this phenom two ways. The first way, which I am leaning towards, is that my friends think that I am a wonderful person who deserves someone special in my life to share all that life has to offer. Who has not had the best of luck in the dating department, but who is a great catch.

The second (not so dreamy) way to look at it is that my friends are tired of hearing me complain about the guys I date. Maybe they don't think I'm making the right choices in the dating department and they think they could do better.

Either way I always keep my options open since I know they are thinking of me with love. Right? It’s not like it could get any worse, right? At the very least, these new men will give me more material to write and think about. If things don't work out, at least I have someone else to point the blame finger at.

I love a good scapegoat.

Could my friends know me better than I know myself?

The jury is still out on this one…

No comments: