Monday, January 5, 2009

Lightning Doesn't Strike The Same Place Twice, I Pray

For the past couple of weeks I have been talking to Chicago more frequently. We are almost at daily full length conversations (talking for more than 30 mins) and I like it. He didn’t come on too strong in the beginning but now I’ve gotten to the point where I almost miss talking him if I don’t hear from him for more than 3 days. I can honestly say that I genuinely like this guy. This is not to be confused with love or with anything of too much substance, but so far, from what I know, I like talking to him.

Recently, Chicago and I started seriously discussing when we are going to see each other again. This long distance friendship is great but the only way to know if there is more is to see him in person. You can tell a lot about a person over the phone, but you can tell so much more by interacting with them and their friends. If you recall from last October, I know oh too well about this first hand. Texas was cool over the phone, but in person it just was not the same.

I have been trying to realistically think about what a trip out there would be like. The weather is the first thing that comes to mind. I know cold doesn't begin to describe the weather in Chicago and that is something I am mentally trying to prepare for. I was born and raised in Southern California and have never experienced anything below 40 degree weather, nor have I ever seen snow but this has been the least of my worries.

I've noticed that my grown woman side is beginning to take over my thought process and thinking about the dynamics of such a trip out there. If I am short changed, again, I won’t know what to do with myself. (Actually I do know, I’ll probably run head first the opposite way like I did with Texas) But who is to say that the same scenario will happen again. I’m praying it works out like lightening, where there is a slim to none chance of it striking the same place twice.

Trying to stay optmisitic...

No comments: