Thursday, November 19, 2009

Text Message: I want to see you

So what the heck are you waiting for? An open invitation? Don’t you know the old cliché ‘Closed mouths don’t get fed.’

No I don’t think it’s cute that you are telling me what you want. I think it’s sexy if you told me when it’s going to happen.

How bout the next time you feel yourself about to send a message like this, you ‘clear field’ and replace it with the following:

1. I want to take you out again this Saturday.
2. When do I get the pleasure of your company? Are you free at 8?
3. Does this afternoon work for you, I want to make you dinner. *Pause* Only send this message if you are absolutely sure the girl is feeling you.
4. Let’s go [insert a common activity of interest] this Friday.

Do you notice what all of these statements have in common? They are full of confidence. They tell me that you’re sure I’d want to go out with you again. They show me you’re man enough to set up the date instead of filling my inbox with fluff.

A guy sent me this message yesterday. I kindly told him to CALL me when he wanted to make it happen. He must not realize a) I don’t text date and b) I’m not stroking his ego this early in the game.

Geesh!