Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fragile: Be careful

My name is Si Si and I’m a serial dater.

I’ve been single for the last…uh hemmm…lets not discuss specifics, lets just say it has been a while. During this time I have been dating and have met plenty of nice guys. Every once in a while I find a guy that truly like. When this happens, I can’t help but cut off the rest. I know they say don’t put all your eggs in one basket, but how can I help myself if most of them fit in this one cute basket.

I can’t help myself. When I’m interested in a guy, I mean really interested in getting to know them, all the rest of the one’s I may have been seeing at that time become causalities.

Yes, I am a serial dater but it’s only because I haven’t found one person to keep all of my attention. So instead of focusing on one guy, I spread it out over several. But when I find a guy that catches my attention and can keep me thinking about him when he is not around, all the rest seem unimportant.

I haven’t felt like this in a while so I am taking my time with it and I hope is not fleeting. I am quite fascinated by Chicago. What does that mean for the rest of the men I was dating?

If I felt the feeling was completely mutual and that Chicago was willing to put in a strong effort and fight to make the distance work, it would mean: lose my number.

Something is telling me not to do that just yet. I can tell that Chicago is keeping his distance from me (pun intended!) and because I’m not trying to rush anything with him I will keep my options open.

My promise to my (single) self:
I will go out with other guys when I am asked.
I will put forth an effort when I find a guy I am interested in.
Overall, I will keep my eyes open to all possibilities surrounding me.

I won’t put all my eggs in one basket, even though it looks so nice, instead I’ll spread them out, sparingly of course. At least until I can confidently put them in one basket and not worry about the guy I choose smashing them all at once.

3 comments:

A Conscious Mind said...

WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE ARRANGED MARRIAGES? THAT WAY, YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BASKETS AND WHATNOT. YOU'VE ALREADY HAD YOUR EGGS PUT SOMEWHERE FOR YOU

Silent Scorpion said...

At this point, I'd be down. I mean dating is fun, but man is it exhausting!

Silent Scorpion said...

I'm ready to slow down.