Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Making it Count: Beginning of the road

Part IV

Chicago did some research before he came and had a few places he wanted to visit while tin San Diego. One of the places we went to was a lounge on the 40th floor of Hyatt hotel for drinks and more dialogue. Yes I said drinks. I had a strawberry lemon drop martini. I still don’t understand why people drink but I decided to partake in it nonetheless. My feelings about alcohol still haven’t changed. I will most likely be going back to being a plain Jane sober queen once. I did enjoy the beautiful view of downtown but I could not easily disguise my fear of heights. (Didn’t I mention I was terrified of heights?)

The rest of the weekend played out this way. We spent our time sight seeing, talking and really getting a feel for each other and our personalities. Chicago and I have a lot in common and our sarcasm tops the list. It’s hard for me to find someone who appreciates my remarks that are usually misconstrued as bitter bitchiness. I never had to explain a joke, or felt responsible for directing the conversation. (This is something I seem to always struggle with when dating, cant people take a joke?) I was completely uncensored and it felt great!

Although we do have some things we need to discuss in further detail, one thing I know for sure is that I had a lot of fun and I don’t regret a thing. The timing was right, the weekend was right and the hotel was beautiful. I enjoy his company and being in his presence felt safe, easy and effortless. Our chemistry is undeniable.

But what does that mean now?

It means I am still taking it one day at a time.

No comments: