Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What Do You Mean You Don't Know

When a man utters these three words, I don’t know, I can feel myself cringe. When talking to a man, all I ask is that he put in some kind of effort; to have some type of opinion. If at any point I ask a question and you say I don’t know, I’m going to think you are dumb or unable to have a stimulating conversation. Unless I ask you for the chemical formula for biodiesel (I may need it soon since gas is going up again) please don’t tell me “I don’t know.”

If I ask you why you decided to do something dumb, like show up late, have an answer!

If I ask you what do you want to do tonight, have an answer!

If I ask you why you don’t just end your miserable life now because you are wasting your time trying to date me, have an answer!

All I ask of men I date is that you have an opinion. That you put some effort in the conversation I’m trying to have with you and in activities we do together while dating. Whether it’s through text, aim, bbm, gchat, or God forbid an actual one-on-one conversation, please do your best not to say “I don’t know.” It’s okay to take time to think of an answer, it’s NOT okay to not have an opinion.


You won’t get far with me without one.

Originally Posted at I Hate The Way You Eat Cereal

No comments: