Thursday, July 23, 2009

Text Messaging 101

Problem: Men in 2009 think its okay not to pick up the phone and have a conversation.

Solution: Phone calls are appreciated and required.

It’s not okay for us to communicate solely through text messages sent through our phones. If we have never had a verbal conversation past the initial, “Hi, can I get your number?” then you have a texting problem.

When I say texting I use the word loosely to encompass all mediums of communication excluding verbal conversation: phone text messages, AIM, Yahoo Messenger, GChat, BBM (Black Berry Messenger), email exchanges, etc. Understand that we both have busy schedules, but if you seriously think its okay to text me all day and night without a phone conversation, you have been misinformed. Let me break it down for you. It’s not okay to do the following through text message:

1. Have an entire conversation. Scene: Its 7pm on a weekday and you send me a message to see how I am. I tell you I’m doing well and I’m home. You reply and tell me you are at home chillin as well with no plans for the rest of the night. Here is your opportunity to CALL.

2. Ask me out or set up a date. Are you serious? Do you think you can set up a time and place to meet through text messaging? Slap yourself and loose my number.

If you are not sure, just call or I will use one of those other mediums to cut you off.

Originally Posted at I Hate The Way You Eat Cereal

1 comment:

AssertiveWit said...

LOL I think the majority of people have grown so accustom to communicating via messenger or SMS that the usage of the phone for actual TALKING is becoming obsolete...it's sad.