Thursday, July 1, 2010

How A Summer Fling Can End Before It Began



The summer officially began last week but I knew at that point that this relationship I was building wasn't going to make it past June gloom. The summer fling, can I call it that considering we were never sexual, with Youngin is over. I know the sun hasn't even made an appearance yet but I’m just not at a point in my life where I can't spend my precious (no Gabby) time frolicking with a man I have no future with. It’s funny, when we hung out Sunday and he kept asking me to change my music, all I could think about is how much fun I’d be having if he wasn’t there. Each time he kissed my cheek, I thought about how I was going to finish my book ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ when we parted. I knew at that moment that it was the last time I was going to see him.

I tried to give us time for something to develop but it wasn’t there and I can’t do anything about that. Let me clear that up, there was some sexual tension between us, he’s such a cutie and fun to be around but that was it. We made no connection outside of that. I couldn’t see myself going out with him again and talking about nothing. The dilemma I now have is how to tell him that.

I know I should probably tell him the truth but I feel like it would hurt him more than a little white lie. As an adult, I’m supposed to tell the truth right, that’s what men want. But do they really? I just want to take the easy way out and tell him I’m pursuing a relationship with some imaginary person.

How should I let him know that I want to be platonic associates who never speak or see each other in the future? Also, do I have to call and tell him or can I just send a text message. I don’t feel a phone call is required since we only went out a few times, but I have been told otherwise.

No comments: