Monday, June 21, 2010

Busy??

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spD-hN3qZX8]

"I have to wash my hair."

"I'm babysitting my cousin tonight"

"We're gonna hang out soon I've just been swamped."

No one is ever that busy! I've used all of these excuses to get out of spending time with someone I was semi-interested in. The key word here is semi. If I was genuinely, head over heels in like with someone, none of those excuses would ever stand between me and him. It doesn’t matter what’s going on in my life, if I’m truly attracted to someone, I will make time for them. If I’m not that concerned with making our friendship grow and they catch me online or I accidentally answer the phone, I won’t be rude. I’ll hold a short conversation, while secretly plotting how to get out of it. I absolutely hate when they catch me slipping. Since I know that the rule of "busy-ness" goes for men too, I know when one isn’t feeling me.

Whenever a guy starts to fall off and he apologizes because he is too busy, I immediately put him in the friend category. There is no way I can take a guy like this seriously. If Diddy can get two women, living on opposite sides of the country pregnant at the same time, surely you can pick up the phone to call me. I'll probably continue to see him as long as he is not flaky, but inconsistency will not be rewarded.

I’m not one of those girls that require a lot of attention either. I have my own life, my own friends, and my own priorities and passions. I am not trying to take you away from what’s making you money, money you’re hopefully using on me, since you claim to be working. Trust, I know you need time to do that. But please believe I will not sit at home waiting by the phone, in hopes that you will call. I will not repeatedly be cancelled on in place of some thing else you consider more important. I know this to be true, most people aren’t that busy. Instead I understand that they just aren’t that interested.

So the next time someone of the opposite sex is slow to respond to your messages and/or return your phone calls, you have two options, you can give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for their call or you can take a hint and see more people. It doesn’t necessarily mean you have to cut them off either, just keep your options open.

No comments: