Tuesday, April 27, 2010

If It Doesn't Get All Over the Place

"If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong on my plate." Silent

There is one thing I have never been self-conscious about and it still surprises me when men say it’s an attractive trait. If you put a plate of food in front of me, I’m going to eat it. Don’t get it twisted, I have manners and am not a stranger to knife, dinner fork and a nice napkin. But I don’t change my eating habits in front of the men I date. I don’t change my eating patterns in front of anyone. I have the ability to eat whatever I want, whenever I want without worrying about what the person sitting across from me is thinking.

I remember the first time a guy said something about it a few years back. I was on a first date with a guy at a nice restaurant overlooking the beach. After looking over the menu, I decided I wanted a gourmet Portabello mushroom hamburger. *wipes drool* After the waitress left our table with our orders, my date made a comment. “I’m so glad you didn’t order a puny salad.” I didn’t know rather to take it as a compliment or an insult so I brushed off the comment and we continued our conversation interrogation.



Within 15 minutes the waitress brought out our orders. Either the burger was quite large or the plate was kind of small but the monstrosity took over a large portion of my side of the table. After blessing my meal, I proceeded to indulge in the beefy mushroom goodness. My date made another comment, “damn it’s sexy when a woman knows how to eat.”

Fast forward to last week, I had two guy friends tell me they like that I’m not afraid to eat a real meal in front of them. What else am I supposed to eat in front of them? I’m not a fan of salads, although I make sure they make appearances as a part of my diet.*



Ladies, do you change the types of food you eat when you are on a date? Or do you eat a snack before you go out so you don't seem as hungry? Have you ever left a date still hungry because you didn't want to finish your meal in front of your date? Fellas, do you find it sexy when a woman can throw down a quarter pounder with cheese without hesitation an adult meal with class in front of you? Would you prefer a lady that only orders appetizers or always leaves with a doggy bag?

*When I use the term diet it does not mean I’m trying to lose weight, instead I try to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

No comments: