Monday, December 15, 2008

Read the Signs: "It's Not You, It's Me"

And then there was none.

I was talking to Red this morning, on aim. And he did read the signs I was giving him Saturday. I didn’t have to say much at all.

We started off with our usual morning repartee.

How are you?

How was your weekend?

Then he told me he has something he wanted to ask. Finally, I thought. The time has come. If he didn’t ask, I surely was going to tell him today.

I feel like we are losing touch, we are getting distant.

I told Red he was right, we were losing touch. I told him I was going through a lot right now, which I honestly am, and that I didn’t want to complicate things. I took full responsibility for this not working out. “Instead of continuing to push you away, I think it is best that we are just friends.”

Red said he respected my decision and wishes things would have worked out differently. “Thanks for your honesty,” he added. Red is a nice guy, but just not the guy for me. I feel bad for hurting his feelings but at the same time I am so relieved. It’s like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I wish Red the best and know that there is some lucky lady out there waiting for him. In time he will find her.

And then there was none.