I walked to Subway to grab a quick bite to eat during a crazy week at work. As I am walk pass a beauty shop, a short man (he is actually 5 '9) who works inside came out to stop me.
(I remember this man from weeks prior. I had given him my number because he said he wanted me to model for a hair show he told me he was doing in the near future. I'm not the one to turn down a free hair do so I gave him my digits. He called me immediately. Since I was busy enjoying my 5 minutes outside the 4 walls of my office, I didn't answer. He left a voicemail saying how beautiful I was and how we should hang out. I knew he wasn’t interested in only business. I decided then I was never going to return his call. I only wanted to talk business so if he wasn’t giving me a date for a show, I wasn’t the least bit interested.)
Being the nice person I am, I stopped to talk to him. He asked me how I was and then went on to compliment me. It is really funny to me how some men approach women these days. He listed all the things he liked about me and I looked at him and couldn’t return the compliment.
I am not asking for much and I can definitely appreciate a friendly compliment, but when a man cannot offer the same things he likes in me, I get annoyed. Especially when they don't take the hint that I am not interested.
1. If you like my height, I appreciate it. I am statuesque at 6 feet (I'm rounding up, and love to wear heels) but why are you 5 ‘8” and tryna holla.
2. If you like my young age, again I appreciate it, but if you are over 32 please don’t step.
3. If you like my body, I work hard for it and thank you, but why are you 20 lbs over weight wearing a wife beater.
4. If you like that I am educated, I paid for it myself because I think it is important, why have you been enrolled at a CC for the past 10 yrs taking one class a semester and calling yourself educated.
5. If you like that I have my own place, thank you I am saving for a house before 30, why have you been living at home with your mother all your life without any plans on moving out.
6. If you like my car, it will be paid off next year and my credit will be on the rise, why are you at the bus-stop thinking I’m gonna give you a ride.
7. If you like my hair, thank you, I get it done often because I like to look nice, but why do you have a fro and call it a fresh do.
8. If you like my manicure and pedicure, thank you again I go once a week, but do you think you should be walking around without socks and toe nails like that.
9. If you like the smell of my perfume, I love it too and I own a lot of smell goods, but why do you smell like feet. I appreciate a man who smells good. Cologne anyone?
10. If you like that I have confidence and I am independent, thank you, I wasn’t made this way but a beautiful women made me this way. But why does your head hang low when you walk, aren’t you happy too.
I just find it funny that I am approached by men all the time who I have nothing in common but they think we would be great together. I don’t mean to come off so cocky and I really do appreciate the attention and it never gets old. (sometimes) But please don’t get mad at me for not being as interested in you as you are in me. I know I am not perfect and there are plenty of things I need to work on, but all I ask is that you bring to the table something things I do or some things I don't that I might like.
I have plenty of room for growth and I want to grow with you, but if we are not at a similar starting point, our roads will never meet. There is not an exact criteria for the type of man that I will date, and my head is not a the point where I think I am too good for any man to approach, all I am saying is please don't call me a bitch if I see you have nothing to offer me.
It's not my fault we were'nt meant to be, oh, and have a good day.