Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goal Setting Taking Over for the 99 and 2000...14

Since I missed out on my end of the year review, I may as well begin the year with speaking some goals into existence. I don't do New Years resolutions but I do constantly reflect on my past actions and future aspirations and set goals accordingly. This list that follows will include goals that have already been making strides towards but have yet to successfully accomplish. As is normal, the will likely change throughout the year as time passes, which is why I don't call them resolutions.

Savings. I'm pretty hard on my little sister to save her money mainly because it's something I've always wanted to be good at but never have. Unless I'm saving for a trip or an item I really want, I don't normally save money for rainy days.

Traveling. Now I know I said I need to save just for the sake of saving but I love traveling. I've currently got a few stamps on my passport but 2014 will be the year I begin to add more. My fabulous closet will remain stagnant for a while just so I can do international traveling and then international shopping.

Running. Last year I successfully ran the NYC marathon but I was disappointed in my finish time. I know I can do better and I like to challenge myself physically. Running the marathon was truly a mind over matter experience I am ready to repeat. I could possibly combine my traveling with running. International marathon anyone? But it's cold outside so I need...

Another hobby. I love running but I still need a winter hobby because running in snow just isn't happening. Trust me I've tried to mentally push myself out into the 30 degree snow to run and I haven't made it out. I've been saying I would like to improve my cooking skills since I tend to stay indoors when cold white things fall from the sky. 

Church. Going home for the holidays renewed my strong desire to continue my relationship building with Him. In total I have attended 7 churches in NYC that were not places I wanted to return and call my spiritual home. However, I need my beginning of the week refresher back in my life. It's been missing and can no longer be ignored.

Love. 2013 was about opening myself up to rejection and being more vocal about my feelings. I realize that because I'm not use to verbally expressing myself, I tend to have word vomit sessions all at once. It will get better over time right? I also know when I care, I care hard. When I love, I love hard. So it's exciting. 

Happiness. With all of these things my goals is to make myself and those I care about as happy as possible. More mistakes may be made but I always find life's lessons in each of them.

"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."

Hello 2014. 

Besos!

*Please excuse the title of this post, I've been listening to some 90s rap pretty frequently these last couple of weeks. Plus you can tell a lot about a person by how they react when the beat to "Back That A** Up" drops. 

No comments: