Monday, November 12, 2012

Textersation Pet Peeve - How are you?

*random text*

Him: How are you?
Me: I'm well, how are you?
Him: I'm good
*The end*

I HATE THIS WASTE OF TIME!

Guys, please stop this. How are you? How was your day? How are you doing? Only to be followed by  nothing else is so annoying.

If you call, text, email me and you have nothing more to say than the aforementioned, don't say anything at all.

Seriously.

I feel like women don't speak up enough but I am here to tell you that we notice when you do this and we don't like it. Here's antsome alternative approa ches in case you don't know what to follow up with.

"What was the most interesting part of your day?"

A little corny right? Yeah it is but it also show's a bit of interest and could lead to another conversation.

"I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you."

Awww. Really? Send this as a follow up and you can probably guarantee she will be thinking about you in the morning.

"I want to see you on [set a specific date and time]"

As long as you have a plan when you text me what can I really say but yes. I don't really like long text conversations but if you have a purpose, I'm with it.

"Tell me something about your childhood I don't already know."

This will only work if the woman likes texting. In my inbox I'd ignore it but I know plenty of women who will eat it up.

"What's your favorite [insert something you don't already know] and why?"

I remember dating a guy who asked me what my favorite items were throughout our courtship. After a couple of months I noticed he would randomly bring me a piece fo my favorite chocolate or send me my favorite flowers.

Remove this exchange from your approach all together!

I once dated a guy who would only text me up if he wanted to see me.  In the interim he would sporadically call and we would discuss random topics for short periods at a time. In some way, shape or form, he kept me intellectually stimulated and my interest peaked. So I didn't mind the textersations or occasional late night calls because I was the last person he spoke to before he went to bed. I can't remember him asking me how my day was through text unless he was requesting to spend time with me.

So I am asking you all nicely, please stop!

No comments: