Friday, January 6, 2012

Why He's My Everything

Recently I had a close friend comment on the amount of time I spend talking about him, sharing pictures of him and letting him control the majority of conversation at times. But for me its simple math, he is the most important addition to my family in years.

Since my mothers untimely passing, I feel like those around me who matter most have passed in large numbers. I've been to so many funerals in the past several years I've started to unconsciously loose count. Looking at the lifeless body of someone you've cared for your entire life hurts more than anything I've ever experienced. I don't wish the amount of tears shed over death on my worst enemy. These deaths have caused rifts throughout the rest of my remaining living family and has caused my sisters sand I to grow even closer.

We were the three musketeers.

Last year, I experienced something I'll never forget: the birth of someone related to me by blood. As much as I consider some of my friends family, knowing the this being had the same blood pumping through his vein created a love I can't fully express.

When my sister told me she was pregnant, I was overcome with excitement and overall shock. My sister had been with her guy for over a decade without ever mentioning having children. Once she told me she was pregnant, I could tell our family would be changed forever. This was not only her pregnancy, my sisters and I were all in this together. Throughout her pregnancy we discussed what we would name him, how we would dress him and love him unconditionally.

Unfortunately, right before he was born, I boarded a plane to NY. I made sure to visit my nephew shortly after his birth and had the pleasure of being with him again during my Christmas vacation.

Even though I'm not there with him everyday, my nephew is my world. I will continue to let him control the majority of my thoughts. Along with my sisters, he is my inspiration for all that I will accomplish during my stint in NY. I have no idea where I'll end up, but I will continue to pull from them for encouragement.

I hope you understand, my family is small, so this addition in my life in the form of a 4 month old baby is huge. So sorry friends, I will continue to talk about my munchkin poo.

He is my little love.

My blood.

My everything.

2 comments:

Tunde said...

nieces and nephews have a way of bringing out emotions in you. when my younger brother told me his girlfriend was pregnant i thought, "you're about to be a father? the same dude i used to beat up when we were younger?" then she was born. i promise a spitting image of her father. i fell lin love the first time i saw her. now she's just a sassy six year old princess.

the same goes for my sister's children. i love my nephews and my other niece. my other niece is probably my favorite if that's possible. she's so spoiled and i don't do anything to curb it either. i would hate to see what my children will be like especially if i have a daughter.

Anonymous said...

I talk about my nieces and nephew all the time. They fill my heart with immense joy. :)