Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Promise to Myself

Sometimes I writing things down in order to hold myself accountable. Next week is the beginning of my second semester in grad school. (PHEW!!!!) This is a chance for me to make changes and learn from mistakes made last year. Especially in regards to lessons I learned long ago that unfortunately, I ignored during my first semester. The grades I received during this grading period were decent. Actually, they were better than decent. I haven't had a G.P.A. this high since high school to be honest. But truth be told, I could have done better. I can always do better and I plan on doing better.

Its funny how we all learn from a very young age that there is a lesson to learn in every situation. If we are smart, we do our best not to make those same mistakes again. Especially in such short succession. Well, as humans, we aren't perfect. Shit I'm nowhere near perfect but I'm always willing to learn. I plan on using the rest of this winter break to detail everything I did wrong last semester in an effort to not make some of my same poor decisions again.

Only time will tell if I stick to these declarations. I believe that I will. I'll be praying on it for the next several months.

I make this promise to myself every year: This year will be better than the last.

No comments: