Sunday, April 2, 2017

Currently Reading: Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes

A couple weeks ago I needed a book for my 20+ flight to Thailand. I quickly spotted a familiar name in the airport bookstore and was excited to support #blackgirlmagic. (I was almost deterred by handsome ass Trevor Noah on the cover of his book but that price-tag, no ma'am. Not on that day)

I'm almost at the end of 'Year of Yes' and I felt compelled to share one of the many gems that fill it's pages. Not only for me but anyone who can find solace in her words:

We all spend our lives trying to follow the same path, live by the same rules.
I think we believe that happiness lies in following the same list of rules.
In being more like everyone else.
That? Is wrong.
There is no list of rules.
There is one rule.
The rule is: there are no rules.
Happiness comes from living as you need to, as you want to. As your inner voice tells you to. Happiness comes from being who you actually are instead of who you think you are supposed to be. 

 Living my happy life with one rule.

2 comments:

thanida said...

keep up the good work.so this post will be helpful for all those.Very nice points you have here.
scr888

thanida said...

Thanks you! This is very much effective and useful list . I have use some of them , especially Reddit give me more exposure. I will definitely try all of above.
ufabet